January 29, 2007

STOOLTIME COUNSELING DISCLAIMER

RISKS -VS- BENEFITS

"Stooltime Counseling" is an informational website that offers its readers an opportunity to learn more about our human condition from the perspective of a Licensed Professional Counselor. This is accomplished by way of reading any of the posted self-help articles. Reading any of my self-help articles is different than meeting face-to-face for a counseling session. Even though some insight can be gained, I acknowledge that there are limitations to this type of format. Any information I provide is my best professional effort, and it is not the same as meeting face-to-face for a counseling session. I write about what I know, and I know enough to know I don't know enough about everything!

I hesitate to call any of my articles a form of advice. They are more like objective information and professional opinion written in an empathic/positive tone. Advice is like a double-edged sword. On one side of the blade, a dependency could be created with each other if the advice is good. On the other side, my credibility as a counselor is shot if the advice is bad. I prefer an adult-to-adult relationship with readers as opposed to a parent-to-child relationship. It is a parent's role to give advice to their children. As the author of Stooltime Counseling, my responsibility is to write, based on my professional perspective. It is the responsibility of the reader to either accept or reject the information, and then make the decisions and personal choices about how the information can be applied.

There is the option to write to me to request clarification about anything I have written. If there is ever a question or comment about something I have written, please contact me to request clarification. I value clear, two-way communication. I agree with people who say that sometimes the written word can be misinterpreted because unlike the spoken word, there is no inflection!

If we use the services of the Post Office, I cannot be held responsible for the Post Office losing mail. Sometimes mail gets lost. I check my Post Office Box on a weekly basis. If my letter is not received by you within a reasonable amount of time, based on that time frame, I ask that I be re-contacted and made aware of this. An e-mail to stooltimecounseling@comcast.net is the most expedient way to get in touch. Please know that sometimes I take vacations.

As a Professional Counselor, I have an ethical and legal responsibility to hold in confidence all information exchanged by way of written correspondence with each other. This excludes: 1) People who are in serious danger of harming themself or others, 2) Suspected child abuse, 3) Suspected elder abuse. Other than these three exclusions, confidentiality is assured. Additionally, it is the responsibility of the person requesting any snail mail or e-mail correspondence to safeguard any received written correspondence.

This forum is not set-up to deal with people who are in crisis. I define a crisis as a life-or-death situation. I would strongly encourage people who are in crisis to seek immediate professional help from a more appropriate resource like an emergency room at a local hospital or calling 911 on the telephone.

If you choose to purchase any of the available Stooltime Counseling merchandise, please use the home page to access the link to the on-line store. Stooltime Counseling, in partnership with Graphic Stitch, Inc., appreciate your business and we say, "Thank you".

Thank you for taking the time to read the "Stooltime Counseling" articles. The information you read is my opinion, given my professional knowledge base.

Sincerely,
Mark S. Rogers, LPC.
Licensed Professional Counselor and
Nationally Certified Sports Counselor, Diplomate.
(10/02)

POWER-UP WITH STOOLTIME COUNSELING!

Thanks for supporting Stooltime Counseling, Nrl!

I appreciate your support for Stooltime Counseling, Melissa and Kimmie!  

Thank you, Kisha! Your support for Stooltime Counseling is appreciated!

No comments: