Created on July 4th, 2001 Copyright © 2001-2015. Stooltime Counseling. All rights reserved.
Some basic principles to get started:
* Know yourself, trust yourself, choose yourself.
* Learn from the past as opposed to live in the past.
* Live in the moment, the here-and-now.
* Plan for the future rather than worry about the future.
* Voice + Choice = Self-Esteem!
* Thoughts + Feelings + Actions = Change.
Understanding the meaning of the STC 3-legged stool:
In counseling theory, the three-legged stool is a metaphor for the balance of life. Each of the three legs means something different. Together they represent a tripod of human thoughts, feelings and actions. The stool depends on all three legs to keep it sturdy. The legs are as interdependent as human thoughts, feelings and actions. For human beings to live balanced and sturdy lives, we need all three legs. Anything less would be a loose stool! Stooltime Counseling connects human thoughts, feelings and actions to offer one explanation of how we experience the world, each other and ourselves. (For introspective people, who have a spiritual awareness, read between the legs because it's there, too). The STC 3-legged stool metaphor is the trifecta of mental health.
DESCRIPTION OF STOOLTIME COUNSELING:
What's on your mind? What's the connection between our thoughts, feelings and actions? How can we view our problems from a different perspective to find a solution? How can we begin to improve the quality of our life? What is human potential in relation to our strengths and growth areas? Do you need help sorting through questions like these? You're in a place that may help! The forum I use to communicate with you is the written word. There is no face-to-face contact with this professional. If you are in crisis, there are other forums of counseling from which to choose.
My areas of specialty include:
As you read other postings from the Library Of Articles (see below), you will see self-help articles I have written. Read about our human condition from the perspective of a counselor. Lets get growing, I mean going!
1977: Associates degree. General Studies. Macomb Community College.
1981: Bachelor of Science. Human Resources Development. Oakland University.
1988: Master of Arts. Counseling. Oakland University.
1987: Apprentice Substance Abuse Counseling Certification.
1988: Registered Social Worker, State of MI. Licensed in 2006.
1990: Licensed Professional Counselor, State of MI.
2000: Certified Sports Counselor, Diplomate.
1980-1982: Recreational Therapist. Glen Eden Hospital.
1982-1989: Mental Health Worker. Psychiatric Center Of Michigan Hospital.
1984-1985: Nautilus/Aerobics/Stress Management Instructor. Salt River Racquetball Club.
1985-1987: Adult Education Teacher/Counselor. L'Anse Creuse Public Schools, Opportunity To Change program.
1989-Now: Mental Health Clinician. Oakland County Community Mental Health; Easter Seals.
2001-2009: Mental Health Therapist. St. Joseph's Mercy Hospital/Henry Ford Macomb Hospital.
2003-2010: Pre-Marital Counselor. Holy Cross, St. Catherine, St. Mark churches.
August, 2005: Member of the Human Development Steering Committee with the Statue Of Responsibility Foundation; later invited to join the Public Relations Committee. The Statue Of Responsibility Foundation.
The information and professional opinion expressed in Stooltime Counseling are free to read. I earn money if you choose to purchase available Stooltime Counseling merchandise. Questions/comments about Stooltime Counseling can be e-mailed to me.
Great Things Are Coming:
1) Show your support for Stooltime Counseling and be acknowledged on this website. Invest in the purchase of any available Stooltime Counseling merchandise, get a picture of you or your pet wearing it and e-mail it to me. With your permission, I'll post it. Current pictures can be viewed on the various articles contained in the Library Of Articles. Here is one example:
2) Watch and listen for Stooltime Counseling videos coming this way. Visual and audio learning at its finest! Stooltime Counseling has its own YouTube channel.
3) Readers have the opportunity to e-mail me videos of their thoughts and feelings about any article contained in Stooltime Counseling's Library Of Articles. Keep it classy, appropriate and under 2 minutes, and with your permission, I will post it.
The use of Stooltime Counseling is not intended to treat any mental, emotional or behavioral condition. It is for educational purposes, and a venue for readers and me to bloviate opinions, some of which are based on counseling theories, and others based on personal experience.
Stooltime Counseling may include hyperlinks to third-party content. Stooltime Counseling is not responsible for third-party content available from such resources or websites because it goes against one of my basic tenants: Personal responsibility for thoughts, feelings and actions.
Please use this website and third-party content at your own discretion.
Stooltime Counseling is dedicated to the celebration of my dad's life. I remember Gene Rogers as an awesome man! We miss your presence, dad, remember your love, and know that our loss is Heaven's gain!
Stooltime Counseling partners with Graphic Stitch: